Join us Tuesday, March 2 at 7:00pm for an in-depth look at the COVID-19 vaccine by local medical professionals.
Quick Facts for COVID-19 Vaccines
Currently approved vaccines:
- Prevents serious illness or dying
- Prevents you from spreading the virus
- Prevent future mutation.
What should you mention to your vaccination provider?
- Any allergies
- Bleeding disorder/or if you are on a blood thinner
- if you are immunocompromised or are on medicine that affects your immunity
- if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- if you received another covid-19 vaccine.
Side effects: temporary and unpleasant
- Fevers, pain and redness at injection site, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, nausea and vomiting, swollen lymph nodes
Are there precautions needed after the vaccine and if so what should I do?
- Continue social distancing
- Continue wearing face covering in public places
- Continue practicing good hygiene
- Stay home if you are sick
Where can I get the vaccine? https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
What are the main Contraindication:
- Individuals with severe allergic reaction such as anaphylaxis after a previous dose of the vaccine or mRNA vaccine.
- Individuals with allergic reaction to any of the components of the vaccine.